Picture of the Week: March 5, 2010
THIS summery snap is sure to add some warmth to another cold winter week.It was taken by Vince Meadows, of Cotmer Road, Lowestoft, and has been chosen by our judges as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
THIS summery snap is sure to add some warmth to another cold winter week.
It was taken by Vince Meadows, of Cotmer Road, Lowestoft, and has been chosen by our judges as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
Mr Meadows took the photograph in the gardens of Chatsworth House in Derbyshire in 2004, as he was impressed with the additions the gardeners had made to it.
'To come across this sunflower welcoming one to the garden was great fun and simply asked to be photographed,' Mr Meadows said.
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 4 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 5 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 6 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 9 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event
To view past winners of the competition, visit www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk