Picture of the Week: March 5, 2010
THIS summery snap is sure to add some warmth to another cold winter week.It was taken by Vince Meadows, of Cotmer Road, Lowestoft, and has been chosen by our judges as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
THIS summery snap is sure to add some warmth to another cold winter week.
It was taken by Vince Meadows, of Cotmer Road, Lowestoft, and has been chosen by our judges as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
Mr Meadows took the photograph in the gardens of Chatsworth House in Derbyshire in 2004, as he was impressed with the additions the gardeners had made to it.
'To come across this sunflower welcoming one to the garden was great fun and simply asked to be photographed,' Mr Meadows said.
You may also want to watch:
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 5 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 6 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 7 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 8 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 9 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 10 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
To view past winners of the competition, visit www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk