Picture of the Week: May 21, 2010
A DELIGHTFUL shot of a dandelion's seeds delicately flying off in the wind has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.The photograph won a competitive week in the popular competition, as some top entries from past winners and new entrants alike battled it out for the prize.
A DELIGHTFUL shot of a dandelion's seeds delicately flying off in the wind has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph won a competitive week in the popular competition, as some top entries from past winners and new entrants alike battled it out for the prize. A spectacular aerial view of Lowestoft and beautiful beach image both impressed the judges greatly, but this week the prize went to Richard Taylor, of Witney Road, Lowestoft.
Mr Taylor will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 6 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 7 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash