Picture of the Week: May 21, 2010
A DELIGHTFUL shot of a dandelion's seeds delicately flying off in the wind has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.The photograph won a competitive week in the popular competition, as some top entries from past winners and new entrants alike battled it out for the prize.
A DELIGHTFUL shot of a dandelion's seeds delicately flying off in the wind has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph won a competitive week in the popular competition, as some top entries from past winners and new entrants alike battled it out for the prize. A spectacular aerial view of Lowestoft and beautiful beach image both impressed the judges greatly, but this week the prize went to Richard Taylor, of Witney Road, Lowestoft.
Mr Taylor will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea