Picture of the Week: May 28, 2010
THIS pair of quackers has helped one amateur photographer achieve his ambition of winning Picture of the Week.Brian Frederick, of Mill Lane, Bradwell, has come close to winning The Journal's photographic competition on many occasions, but now, thanks to these delightful ducks, he has won.
THIS pair of quackers has helped one amateur photographer achieve his ambition of winning Picture of the Week.
Brian Frederick, of Mill Lane, Bradwell, has come close to winning The Journal's photographic competition on many occasions, but now, thanks to these delightful ducks, he has won.
'The standard of photography in your competition is so high that I am honoured and encouraged greatly to have been judged to be the best of the pictures entered for this week,' said Mr Frederick.
He took the winning picture when enjoying an afternoon at Ranworth, in Norfolk, earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Frederick will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 2 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 3 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 10 Fascinating insight into Norfolk and Suffolk railway scene released