Close-up shot of cute vole wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful close-up shot capturing a vole as it chews the soft bark off a fallen twig was taken by 61-year-old Robert Quadling during a visit to Lackford Lakes, near Bury St Edmunds.
Mr Quadling, who lives in Lowestoft, used his Nikon D7100 with a 600mm lens to take the photograph.
He said: 'As the weather was nice on Sunday I decided to have a trip to Lackford Lakes to see what wildlife I could photograph there.
'I was just finishing my walk when I came across this vole by the edge of the footpath.
'I did not have a lot of time to get my shot as these little animals do not tend to stay around for long before they disappear into the undergrowth.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Quadling receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park