Close-up shot of cute vole wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful close-up shot capturing a vole as it chews the soft bark off a fallen twig was taken by 61-year-old Robert Quadling during a visit to Lackford Lakes, near Bury St Edmunds.
Mr Quadling, who lives in Lowestoft, used his Nikon D7100 with a 600mm lens to take the photograph.
He said: 'As the weather was nice on Sunday I decided to have a trip to Lackford Lakes to see what wildlife I could photograph there.
'I was just finishing my walk when I came across this vole by the edge of the footpath.
'I did not have a lot of time to get my shot as these little animals do not tend to stay around for long before they disappear into the undergrowth.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Quadling receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced