Picture perfect Lowestoft beach image is weekly competition winner
- Credit: Archant
CRASHING WAVE: A keen amateur photographer has won our weekly picture competition for the first time – with this intriguing black and white beach scene image.
The picture was taken by Jo Jeffery, as she walked her dog along the beach at North Denes.
Our judges were impressed with how a simple colour effect can really enhance an image.
'It was just a really nice scene and I am keen to do more photography now,' said Ms Jeffery, who works for Suffolk County Council.
'I like to look at things differently and I decided to take it in black and white as I love those pictures – so I applied the setting on my mobile phone.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Jeffery, who lives in north Lowestoft, described how she posted the image on the Facebook site 'Lowestoft in the 21st Century' – as a group has been set up for amateur photographers to share their pictures of the town.
'I also showed it to a few friends and they encouraged me to enter the competition,' she added.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
'It is the first time I have entered and it is a fantastic feeling to have won – a real surprise.'
As our winner, Ms Jeffery receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images, taken by amateur photographers.
? To enter the contest, email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and a mobile number) to: firstname.lastname@example.org