Picture perfect Walberswick
THE beach at Walberswick, near Southwold, has been recognised as one of the top ten locations in Britain to take photographs.Creative Brits have been urged to make the most of their 'staycations' this summer and prove Britain's Got Beauty.
THE beach at Walberswick has been recognised as one of the top ten locations in Britain to take photographs.
Creative Brits have been urged to make the most of their 'staycations' this summer and prove Britain's Got Beauty.
Joseph Eta, one of the country's leading fine art photographers, is calling on amateur snappers to capture the most stunning views from across the UK.
The best images will be showcased on his website Xemival.com, and people can then vote for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
'People think they need to go to exotic locations to take beautiful pictures,' says Eta, 'but they forget about what is on their own doorsteps.'
To prove that Britain really is breathtaking, Eta has revealed his top 10 photographic locations in the UK.
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
'I was born in Cameroon and have lived all over the world,' says Eta. 'But Britain is the most beautiful country. There is so much diversity, and so many different landscapes.'
To enter the Britain's Got Beauty competition, email one high resolution image to email@example.com together with your name, telephone number, email address and location the photograph was taken.
For full competition details, or to view Eta's top 10 British images, log on to Xemival.com
His top ten locations for taking photographs in Britain are:
1. Blea Tarn, Little Langdale, Lake District, Cumbria
2. Cot Valley, Penzance, Cornwall
3. Scwd Yr Eira falls, Brecon Beacons, Wales
4. Tentsmuir beach, Fife, Scotland
5. The lighthouse, Newhaven, East Sussex
6. Walberswick beach, Walberswick, Suffolk
7. Westcombe beach, South Devon
8. Durdle Door, Dorset
9. Richmond Park, Richmond, South London
10. Micheldever Woods, Winchester