Picture perfect Walberswick
THE beach at Walberswick, near Southwold, has been recognised as one of the top ten locations in Britain to take photographs.Creative Brits have been urged to make the most of their 'staycations' this summer and prove Britain's Got Beauty.
THE beach at Walberswick has been recognised as one of the top ten locations in Britain to take photographs.
Creative Brits have been urged to make the most of their 'staycations' this summer and prove Britain's Got Beauty.
Joseph Eta, one of the country's leading fine art photographers, is calling on amateur snappers to capture the most stunning views from across the UK.
The best images will be showcased on his website Xemival.com, and people can then vote for the winner.
'People think they need to go to exotic locations to take beautiful pictures,' says Eta, 'but they forget about what is on their own doorsteps.'
To prove that Britain really is breathtaking, Eta has revealed his top 10 photographic locations in the UK.
- 1 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 6 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 7 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 8 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
'I was born in Cameroon and have lived all over the world,' says Eta. 'But Britain is the most beautiful country. There is so much diversity, and so many different landscapes.'
To enter the Britain's Got Beauty competition, email one high resolution image to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name, telephone number, email address and location the photograph was taken.
For full competition details, or to view Eta's top 10 British images, log on to Xemival.com
His top ten locations for taking photographs in Britain are:
1. Blea Tarn, Little Langdale, Lake District, Cumbria
2. Cot Valley, Penzance, Cornwall
3. Scwd Yr Eira falls, Brecon Beacons, Wales
4. Tentsmuir beach, Fife, Scotland
5. The lighthouse, Newhaven, East Sussex
6. Walberswick beach, Walberswick, Suffolk
7. Westcombe beach, South Devon
8. Durdle Door, Dorset
9. Richmond Park, Richmond, South London
10. Micheldever Woods, Winchester