Picture perfect Walberswick
THE beach at Walberswick, near Southwold, has been recognised as one of the top ten locations in Britain to take photographs.Creative Brits have been urged to make the most of their 'staycations' this summer and prove Britain's Got Beauty.
THE beach at Walberswick has been recognised as one of the top ten locations in Britain to take photographs.
Creative Brits have been urged to make the most of their 'staycations' this summer and prove Britain's Got Beauty.
Joseph Eta, one of the country's leading fine art photographers, is calling on amateur snappers to capture the most stunning views from across the UK.
The best images will be showcased on his website Xemival.com, and people can then vote for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
'People think they need to go to exotic locations to take beautiful pictures,' says Eta, 'but they forget about what is on their own doorsteps.'
To prove that Britain really is breathtaking, Eta has revealed his top 10 photographic locations in the UK.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid
'I was born in Cameroon and have lived all over the world,' says Eta. 'But Britain is the most beautiful country. There is so much diversity, and so many different landscapes.'
To enter the Britain's Got Beauty competition, email one high resolution image to email@example.com together with your name, telephone number, email address and location the photograph was taken.
For full competition details, or to view Eta's top 10 British images, log on to Xemival.com
His top ten locations for taking photographs in Britain are:
1. Blea Tarn, Little Langdale, Lake District, Cumbria
2. Cot Valley, Penzance, Cornwall
3. Scwd Yr Eira falls, Brecon Beacons, Wales
4. Tentsmuir beach, Fife, Scotland
5. The lighthouse, Newhaven, East Sussex
6. Walberswick beach, Walberswick, Suffolk
7. Westcombe beach, South Devon
8. Durdle Door, Dorset
9. Richmond Park, Richmond, South London
10. Micheldever Woods, Winchester