Pint for St Patrick's Day
SOUTHWOLD brewer Adnams has brewed up a canny alternative to Guinness by launching a cask conditioned Irish Dry Stout ready for the St Patrick's Day celebrations tomorrowCreated by the company's Irish head brewer Fergus Fitzgerald, Adnams Irish Dry Stout, 4.
SOUTHWOLD brewer Adnams has brewed up a canny alternative to Guinness by launching a cask conditioned Irish Dry Stout ready for the St Patrick's Day celebrations tomorrow
Created by the company's Irish head brewer Fergus Fitzgerald, Adnams Irish Dry Stout, 4.3pc abv, is brewed using pale ale malt, roasted barley, flaked barley, wheat, a blend of Crystal, Brown, Amber and Chocolate malts and hopped with Goldings. The beer is the last in a series of limited edition international-style ales, inspired by Fergus' world travels, which Adnams has been producing over the last six months.
'How could I resist brewing an Irish dry stout?' said Fergus. 'Although I grew up near the borders of Cork, which has two of its own stouts, Guinness was the drink of choice.
'During the summer, bottles of stout were served up to the workers to wash down their sandwiches before they returned to baling the hay. My brother and I, who had been drafted in for the day, soon dealt with any remnants left in those bottles!
You may also want to watch:
'Although my tastes may have moved on, dry stout still brings back memories of sunny days, warm hay, and many, many blisters from stacking the bales on the trailer. I'm hoping everyone will toast St Patrick's Day this year with a glass of Irish Stout from Southwold. How Irish is that?'
The 'World' beers series has also included German K�lsch, Belgian Abbey, German Wheat, American IPA, Belgian Witbier varieties. Adnams Irish Dry Stout is available from Mitchells & Butlers pubs throughout the UK, as well as Adnams' pubs and free trade accounts.
- 1 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 2 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 8 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 9 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft