Plans would benefit town
THE regeneration company 1st East seems concerned about Asda's proposition for its three-phase plans regarding its site on Horn Hill. Having a mezzanine level built on its present store would be attractive to its clientele with more potential customers being drawn to the store.
THE regeneration company 1st East seems concerned about Asda's proposition for its three-phase plans regarding its site on Horn Hill.
Having a mezzanine level built on its present store would be attractive to its clientele with more potential customers being drawn to the store. This,of course, would be beneficial to the company and shouldn't upset anyone.
There are adequate car parking spaces to cope with the possible influx. The more people who use Asda would, I'm sure, benefit the town centre shops with it being just a few hundred yards away.
In my opinion, the factory outlet should be razed to the ground and the filling station built in its place. That would mean the three phases would be self-contained.
You may also want to watch:
Now what about the traffic? A slip road could be put in place from the filling station into Belvedere Road controlled by traffic lights. A prime example of this is the exit from Asda's Yarmouth store, an excellent innovation. This would also help alleviate the traffic on the adjoining roundabout.
The near derelict site between the Asda site and the bascule bridge could be used for recreational purposes and what I think would bring more shoppers into the town would be a FREE car park - possibly tree-lined!
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 7 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences