Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station Twitter
Firefighters spent 15 minutes tackling an early morning blaze in a play area at a popular park.
A crew from Lowestoft South Fire Station responded in the early hours following reports of a fire in Normanston Park, Lowestoft.
Firefighters were called to the park off Normanston Drive at 3.51am on Saturday, March 6 and spent 15 minutes tackling the blaze.
A brigade spokesman said: "Blue Watch from Lowestoft South Fire Station attended a fire during the night at Normanston Park in north Lowestoft.
"Children's play park equipment affected by fire, extinguished with one hose reel."
You may also want to watch:
The flames were quickly put out and the scene was cleared by 4.06am.
Police and the council have been informed.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 8 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 9 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 10 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car