Plea to repair seafront shelter
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.
My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
We always very much enjoyed our holidays here with our children and, up to a few years ago, regularly hired one of the beach huts under Kensington Gardens.
Over the course of the last few years the huts available for hire have become fewer and fewer and therefore when we visited we always used the shelter to sit in and eat our food or to give us shelter from the rain.
You may also want to watch:
However, this year, I believe due to vandalism, I noticed that the shelter has been boarded up and nothing has been done to restore it.
Could I please ask if it is going to be repaired in the very near future as I strongly feel that it would definitely be detrimental to future visitor numbers to the town if it is left in such a dilapidated way and unusable state.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 10 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds