Plea to repair seafront shelter
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.
My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
We always very much enjoyed our holidays here with our children and, up to a few years ago, regularly hired one of the beach huts under Kensington Gardens.
Over the course of the last few years the huts available for hire have become fewer and fewer and therefore when we visited we always used the shelter to sit in and eat our food or to give us shelter from the rain.
You may also want to watch:
However, this year, I believe due to vandalism, I noticed that the shelter has been boarded up and nothing has been done to restore it.
Could I please ask if it is going to be repaired in the very near future as I strongly feel that it would definitely be detrimental to future visitor numbers to the town if it is left in such a dilapidated way and unusable state.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 5 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 6 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Bulky waste collection service suspended
- 9 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 10 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town