Plea to repair seafront shelter
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.
My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
We always very much enjoyed our holidays here with our children and, up to a few years ago, regularly hired one of the beach huts under Kensington Gardens.
Over the course of the last few years the huts available for hire have become fewer and fewer and therefore when we visited we always used the shelter to sit in and eat our food or to give us shelter from the rain.
However, this year, I believe due to vandalism, I noticed that the shelter has been boarded up and nothing has been done to restore it.
Could I please ask if it is going to be repaired in the very near future as I strongly feel that it would definitely be detrimental to future visitor numbers to the town if it is left in such a dilapidated way and unusable state.
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
- 10 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s