Plea to repair seafront shelter
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.
My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
We always very much enjoyed our holidays here with our children and, up to a few years ago, regularly hired one of the beach huts under Kensington Gardens.
Over the course of the last few years the huts available for hire have become fewer and fewer and therefore when we visited we always used the shelter to sit in and eat our food or to give us shelter from the rain.
However, this year, I believe due to vandalism, I noticed that the shelter has been boarded up and nothing has been done to restore it.
Could I please ask if it is going to be repaired in the very near future as I strongly feel that it would definitely be detrimental to future visitor numbers to the town if it is left in such a dilapidated way and unusable state.
- 1 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 2 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 5 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 6 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
- 7 WATCH: Three people and two dogs rescued from car fire
- 8 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 9 Corton's Got Talent! Inspirational pupils' show for hundreds of parents
- 10 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about