Plea to repair seafront shelter
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
I AM writing as a recently moved resident of Lowestoft and former holidaymaker to the town.
My family and I used to come to Lowestoft for some 40 years before my husband and I moved here as residents in September last year.
We always very much enjoyed our holidays here with our children and, up to a few years ago, regularly hired one of the beach huts under Kensington Gardens.
Over the course of the last few years the huts available for hire have become fewer and fewer and therefore when we visited we always used the shelter to sit in and eat our food or to give us shelter from the rain.
You may also want to watch:
However, this year, I believe due to vandalism, I noticed that the shelter has been boarded up and nothing has been done to restore it.
Could I please ask if it is going to be repaired in the very near future as I strongly feel that it would definitely be detrimental to future visitor numbers to the town if it is left in such a dilapidated way and unusable state.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid