Plenty of fun is had at Oulton Broad care home’s tea party
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home in Oulton Broad donned fancy dress costumes to replicate characters from the much-loved book Alice in Wonderland as a mad hatter's tea party was held.
The Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage care home hosted the event to help raise awareness of care in the community.
The home opened its doors to the community as visitors enjoyed a buffet with themed cakes and buns, heart jam tarts, and many more.
Staff really got into the spirit by dressing as the popular characters from the book. A number of props and themed objects helped set the scene and provided an enjoyable day for all.
Lynn Carter, home manager, said: 'Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage has a wonderful homely environment, and having events contributes to this, as it enables our residents to keep that important connection within their own community.
You may also want to watch:
'The home organises many fantastic events throughout the year to promote the community spirit.'
A resident of the home added: 'When you're here and it's happening, it's good. I enjoy all the music.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage is a skilled dementia care setting based in a location where residents benefit from scenic grounds and a relaxing atmosphere.
For more information about Lilac and Lavender Cottage or any future events organised by the home, visit www.kingsleyhealthcare.co.uk
Are you hosting a community event in Lowestoft? Email firstname.lastname@example.org