Plenty of fun is had at Oulton Broad care home’s tea party
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home in Oulton Broad donned fancy dress costumes to replicate characters from the much-loved book Alice in Wonderland as a mad hatter's tea party was held.
The Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage care home hosted the event to help raise awareness of care in the community.
The home opened its doors to the community as visitors enjoyed a buffet with themed cakes and buns, heart jam tarts, and many more.
Staff really got into the spirit by dressing as the popular characters from the book. A number of props and themed objects helped set the scene and provided an enjoyable day for all.
Lynn Carter, home manager, said: 'Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage has a wonderful homely environment, and having events contributes to this, as it enables our residents to keep that important connection within their own community.
You may also want to watch:
'The home organises many fantastic events throughout the year to promote the community spirit.'
A resident of the home added: 'When you're here and it's happening, it's good. I enjoy all the music.'
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage is a skilled dementia care setting based in a location where residents benefit from scenic grounds and a relaxing atmosphere.
For more information about Lilac and Lavender Cottage or any future events organised by the home, visit www.kingsleyhealthcare.co.uk
Are you hosting a community event in Lowestoft? Email firstname.lastname@example.org