Police appeal after 12-year-old boy ‘clipped’ by car in Lowestoft
POLICE need to trace the driver of a silver Vauxhall Astra-type car after the vehicle collided with a 12-year-old boy near Lowestoft.
The boy was at the side of Kirkley Park Road, about 8.20am yesterday (Tuesday, February 15), and was waiting to cross the road when the car stopped and the driver waved him across.
As the boy got to the other side of the road the car moved off but clipped his leg at low speed as it did so. He suffered pain to his knee in the collision.
'It is possible the driver may not have been aware of the collision and officers are asking him or her, or anyone who may have seen the incident, to get in touch,' a police spokesman said.
• If you can help please call PC 1591 King on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties