Police appeal after 12-year-old boy ‘clipped’ by car in Lowestoft
POLICE need to trace the driver of a silver Vauxhall Astra-type car after the vehicle collided with a 12-year-old boy near Lowestoft.
The boy was at the side of Kirkley Park Road, about 8.20am yesterday (Tuesday, February 15), and was waiting to cross the road when the car stopped and the driver waved him across.
As the boy got to the other side of the road the car moved off but clipped his leg at low speed as it did so. He suffered pain to his knee in the collision.
'It is possible the driver may not have been aware of the collision and officers are asking him or her, or anyone who may have seen the incident, to get in touch,' a police spokesman said.
• If you can help please call PC 1591 King on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 4 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 5 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 6 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 9 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out