Police appeal after 83-year-old woman goes missing in Lowestoft
POLICE are appealing for help in tracing an 83-year-old woman who went missing in Lowestoft yesterday (Tuesday, September 28).
Joyce Parker, who is on holiday in the area from her home in Kettering, went for a walk with her husband on the beach at Pakefield about 11am yesterday. Her husband was tired so he returned to where he was staying, leaving her to continue with her walk along the beach.
There is a possible sighting of her in Kessingland about 1pm, but it was thought initially that she had been heading north along the beach.
Police were alerted just before 6pm when she did not return. Officers on the ground and the force helicopter immediately began searching for her, and Southwold lifeboat and the coastguard were also mobilised to help with these searches, but so far no trace has been found.
'Searches will continue this morning (Wednesday), but police are asking anyone who may have seen her since 11am yesterday to come forward,' a police spokesman said. 'Although Mrs Parker is known to be mobile there is concern for her safety as she did not take any money or her medication with her.'
You may also want to watch:
She is described as white, about 5ft 2ins tall, with short straight white hair and at the time she went missing and wore a green top, green coat and dark trousers.
Anyone who thinks they may have seen her, or anyone with information about where she is now, is asked to call the duty sergeant at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 7 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 8 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'