Police appeal after accostings in Lowestoft
POLICE are seeking witnesses after two accosting-type incidents in Lowestoft last Friday afternoon.
The first incident happened between 2pm and 2.30pm on March 18 in Normanston Drive.
A 15-year-old girl was walking along the pavement when a small red car drove past, heading towards St Peters Street. It went around the roundabout and came back, stopping close to the cemetery. A man – described as black, aged in his late 20s to early 40s, around 5ft 5ins to 5ft 6ins tall, of skinny build and wearing a black fleece-style jumper – then got out and offered the teenager a lift. She ignored him and continued walking.
The second incident happened in Crown Street West between 2.30pm and 3pm. A 19-year-old woman was out with her young son walking along St Peters Street when she noticed a small red car drive past her twice. As she walked into Crown Street West the car went past her again. She went to the play area there for a short time and on the walk back she saw the man who had been driving the vehicle standing in the street near the Oak Tavern.
The man then picked up her son before she swore at him and he put him down again. He then asked the woman for her name, which she declined, and spoke to her as she continued on her way.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as having dark skin and in his late 20s to 30s, of skinny build and with dark Afro-style short hair. Police need to speak to him and are asking him or anyone who knows who he is to come forward.
• If you can help with information on either of the incidents please call PC 266 Neasham on 01986 835300.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight