Police appeal after mini digger set on fire in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
A mini digger was set on fire yesterday evening (Tuesday) and police believe it may have been started deliberately.
Suffolk Fire service received a call at 5.07pm to a fire at the old rifle range near London Road in Pakefield.
A crew was sent from Lowestoft South and arrived at the scene at 5.25pm, after a slight delay due to the restricted access down a narrow track.
The fire was extinguished using a hosereel jet and was under control by 5.39pm.
The police were contacted at 5.48pm and are treating the fire as arson.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area and has information to contact PC Brett Robinson at Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference LO/15/1233
- 1 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 2 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 3 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 4 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 5 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 6 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Lifeboat launched to kayakers 'in trouble' off coast
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction