Police appeal after mini digger set on fire in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
A mini digger was set on fire yesterday evening (Tuesday) and police believe it may have been started deliberately.
Suffolk Fire service received a call at 5.07pm to a fire at the old rifle range near London Road in Pakefield.
A crew was sent from Lowestoft South and arrived at the scene at 5.25pm, after a slight delay due to the restricted access down a narrow track.
The fire was extinguished using a hosereel jet and was under control by 5.39pm.
The police were contacted at 5.48pm and are treating the fire as arson.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area and has information to contact PC Brett Robinson at Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference LO/15/1233
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 6 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 7 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 8 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Bulky waste collection service suspended