Police appeal after mini digger set on fire in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
A mini digger was set on fire yesterday evening (Tuesday) and police believe it may have been started deliberately.
Suffolk Fire service received a call at 5.07pm to a fire at the old rifle range near London Road in Pakefield.
A crew was sent from Lowestoft South and arrived at the scene at 5.25pm, after a slight delay due to the restricted access down a narrow track.
The fire was extinguished using a hosereel jet and was under control by 5.39pm.
The police were contacted at 5.48pm and are treating the fire as arson.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area and has information to contact PC Brett Robinson at Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference LO/15/1233
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 9 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft