Police appeal after mini digger set on fire in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
A mini digger was set on fire yesterday evening (Tuesday) and police believe it may have been started deliberately.
Suffolk Fire service received a call at 5.07pm to a fire at the old rifle range near London Road in Pakefield.
A crew was sent from Lowestoft South and arrived at the scene at 5.25pm, after a slight delay due to the restricted access down a narrow track.
The fire was extinguished using a hosereel jet and was under control by 5.39pm.
The police were contacted at 5.48pm and are treating the fire as arson.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area and has information to contact PC Brett Robinson at Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference LO/15/1233
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed