Police arrest man in connection with car wheel thefts
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been arrested in connection with the theft of car wheels in Lowestoft.
Suffolk Police said a 22-year-old man from Gorleston was arrested on suspicion of theft from a vehicle on Monday, June 25.
A spokesman for the police said: 'Officers investigating two incidents of theft of car wheels occurring in Kirkley Park Road between 6pm on May 10 and 12.20pm on May 11; and in Stradbroke Road between May 10 at 12pm and May 11 at 12.30pm, have made an arrest in connection with the incident.
'In both cases cars were jacked up and two wheels stolen.'
He added: 'On Monday, June 25, officers from the Special Constabulary and Lowestoft Safer Neighbourhood Team arrested a 22-year-old man from Gorleston on suspicion of theft from a vehicle on connection with the incidents.
You may also want to watch:
'He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning and has been released under investigation.'
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street