Police arrest man in connection with car wheel thefts
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been arrested in connection with the theft of car wheels in Lowestoft.
Suffolk Police said a 22-year-old man from Gorleston was arrested on suspicion of theft from a vehicle on Monday, June 25.
A spokesman for the police said: 'Officers investigating two incidents of theft of car wheels occurring in Kirkley Park Road between 6pm on May 10 and 12.20pm on May 11; and in Stradbroke Road between May 10 at 12pm and May 11 at 12.30pm, have made an arrest in connection with the incident.
'In both cases cars were jacked up and two wheels stolen.'
He added: 'On Monday, June 25, officers from the Special Constabulary and Lowestoft Safer Neighbourhood Team arrested a 22-year-old man from Gorleston on suspicion of theft from a vehicle on connection with the incidents.
You may also want to watch:
'He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning and has been released under investigation.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft