Police continue to hunt those responsible for sexual assaults
- Credit: Archant
Police are still hunting those responsible for two sexual assaults in Lowestoft.
Earlier this month two women reported being sexually assaulted in the town within the space of two weeks, with police previously looking for links between the attacks.
The first occurred in an alleyway between Field View Drive and Barnards Meadow, when an 18-year-old woman was grabbed from behind and knocked to the ground before being sexually touched and physically assaulted by a man.
Two weeks later a 16-year-old girl was sexually assaulted in Crown Meadow Walk one-mile away.
She was touched on the leg by a man walking behind her and when she turned around he sexually assaulted her.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: 'We are continuing investigations into both incidents.
'We are treating them as two separate incidents but still keeping an open mind as to whether they are linked.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
Anyone with information about the attacks is asked to contact 101 quoting reference number 27335/18 for the attack on May 19 or 24777/18 for the incident on May 7.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.