Police in top 100 for gay equality
SUFFOLK Police was today ranked in Britain's top 100 employers for lesbian, gay and bisexual staff.The force improved its position from 2009 by 34 places.
SUFFOLK Police was today ranked in Britain's top 100 employers for lesbian, gay and bisexual staff.
The force improved its position from 2009 by 34 places.
A workplace equality index is put together by Stonewall, a gay equality charity, on an annual basis. The index is the definitive national benchmark for employers to measure their own performance in relation to competitors and to track workplace culture for gay, lesbian and bisexual employees.
This year, Suffolk Constabulary has been placed at 50, rising 112 places in two years, being ranked 162nd in 2008 and 84th in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
The continued improvement in the constabulary's ranking is particularly impressive this year, as submissions to the index have increased for the sixth year running, rising to 352 organisations across 24 sectors.
Competition to be featured as a Top 100 Employer has intensified with 23 new entries in the top 100, along with a 10pc rise in the minimum score required for inclusion.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
Organisations are ranked according to criteria; ranging from the implementation of effective equality policies, practical demonstration of good practice in recruitment and mentoring, to how they engage with lesbian and gay staff, customers and service users.