Police launch double murder probe after bodies found in Norwich
Shaun LowthorpePolice have launched a double murder inquiry after the bodies of a man and woman were found at a home in Cringleford, near Norwich.Shaun Lowthorpe
Police have launched a double murder inquiry after the bodies of a man and woman were found at a home in Cringleford, near Norwich.
Officers were called to a house in Brettingham Avenue, at around 9pm last night where the bodies were found.
Det Chief Insp Jez Fry, who is leading the investigation, said a 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of both murders and is currently being held in custody awaiting interview.
A post-mortem examination is to be carried out later today and no details of the pair will be released until next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
'It would appear that all the people involved in this incident were known to each other,' he said. 'We are not looking for anyone else in connection with this investigation.'
The Norfolk and Suffolk joint major investigation team is carrying out a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident and continue to carry out enquiries in the area.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
'Our thoughts are with the victim's families and friends at this difficult time,' Det Chief Insp Fry added.