Police launch double murder probe after bodies found in Norwich
Shaun LowthorpePolice have launched a double murder inquiry after the bodies of a man and woman were found at a home in Cringleford, near Norwich.Shaun Lowthorpe
Police have launched a double murder inquiry after the bodies of a man and woman were found at a home in Cringleford, near Norwich.
Officers were called to a house in Brettingham Avenue, at around 9pm last night where the bodies were found.
Det Chief Insp Jez Fry, who is leading the investigation, said a 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of both murders and is currently being held in custody awaiting interview.
A post-mortem examination is to be carried out later today and no details of the pair will be released until next of kin have been informed.
'It would appear that all the people involved in this incident were known to each other,' he said. 'We are not looking for anyone else in connection with this investigation.'
The Norfolk and Suffolk joint major investigation team is carrying out a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident and continue to carry out enquiries in the area.
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
'Our thoughts are with the victim's families and friends at this difficult time,' Det Chief Insp Fry added.