Police plea for more information on Lowestoft pub fires
POLICE have a renewed an appeal for information on two fires at a Lowestoft pub and hotel.
The Sun Rise Inn in Corton Road had been burgled around the time of the first blaze on Sunday, October 31, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Five days later, on Friday, November 5, there was a second fire, which left the property badly damaged. Its cause is being treated as arson.
Police confirmed this week that they had arrested and interviewed a 58-year-old man in connection with the second blaze.
However, a police spokesman said: 'There is insufficient evidence to proceed at this stage and he faces no further action,' .
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging anyone with information on either incident to call Det Con 914 Brotherston at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 4 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 5 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 6 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations