Police plea for more information on Lowestoft pub fires
POLICE have a renewed an appeal for information on two fires at a Lowestoft pub and hotel.
The Sun Rise Inn in Corton Road had been burgled around the time of the first blaze on Sunday, October 31, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Five days later, on Friday, November 5, there was a second fire, which left the property badly damaged. Its cause is being treated as arson.
Police confirmed this week that they had arrested and interviewed a 58-year-old man in connection with the second blaze.
However, a police spokesman said: 'There is insufficient evidence to proceed at this stage and he faces no further action,' .
Police are urging anyone with information on either incident to call Det Con 914 Brotherston at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 BBC film crew spotted filming in Lowestoft
- 2 'Ethan touched the lives of everyone': Family's emotional tribute to teen
- 3 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 4 Police hunt for teenager with knife who threatened man in town centre
- 5 'Like an earthquake' - Life by Lowestoft's Gull Wing construction site
- 6 Go-ahead for new shops and flats at site of former family-run business
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 8 Major infrastructure projects 'putting pressure' on Suffolk
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Enquiries ongoing after man sexually assaulted on Lowestoft beach