Police plea for more information on Lowestoft pub fires
POLICE have a renewed an appeal for information on two fires at a Lowestoft pub and hotel.
The Sun Rise Inn in Corton Road had been burgled around the time of the first blaze on Sunday, October 31, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Five days later, on Friday, November 5, there was a second fire, which left the property badly damaged. Its cause is being treated as arson.
Police confirmed this week that they had arrested and interviewed a 58-year-old man in connection with the second blaze.
However, a police spokesman said: 'There is insufficient evidence to proceed at this stage and he faces no further action,' .
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging anyone with information on either incident to call Det Con 914 Brotherston at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'