Man released under investigation in connection with suspected hit-and-run incident in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a man under investigation in connection with a suspected hit-and-run incident that led to the death of an 86-year-old man.
Brian Mitchell, from Lowestoft, died on December 23 after over a month in hospital.
Emergency services originally came to Mr Mitchell's aid at 12.50am on Wednesday, November 15, following reports that an injured man had been found close to Jubilee Way petrol station.
Suffolk Constabulary said that Mr Mitchell's injuries, including a broken wrist and fractured kneecap, were consistent with being struck by a vehicle that had failed to stop.
It was later found that Mr Mitchell had a severe bleed on the brain and his condition continued to deteriorate.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of police enquiries, a man was interviewed in connection with the incident and has now been released under investigation.
Anyone with any information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting incident number 6 of November 15 2017.
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open