Man released under investigation in connection with suspected hit-and-run incident in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a man under investigation in connection with a suspected hit-and-run incident that led to the death of an 86-year-old man.
Brian Mitchell, from Lowestoft, died on December 23 after over a month in hospital.
Emergency services originally came to Mr Mitchell's aid at 12.50am on Wednesday, November 15, following reports that an injured man had been found close to Jubilee Way petrol station.
Suffolk Constabulary said that Mr Mitchell's injuries, including a broken wrist and fractured kneecap, were consistent with being struck by a vehicle that had failed to stop.
It was later found that Mr Mitchell had a severe bleed on the brain and his condition continued to deteriorate.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of police enquiries, a man was interviewed in connection with the incident and has now been released under investigation.
Anyone with any information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting incident number 6 of November 15 2017.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight