Man released under investigation in connection with suspected hit-and-run incident in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a man under investigation in connection with a suspected hit-and-run incident that led to the death of an 86-year-old man.
Brian Mitchell, from Lowestoft, died on December 23 after over a month in hospital.
Emergency services originally came to Mr Mitchell's aid at 12.50am on Wednesday, November 15, following reports that an injured man had been found close to Jubilee Way petrol station.
Suffolk Constabulary said that Mr Mitchell's injuries, including a broken wrist and fractured kneecap, were consistent with being struck by a vehicle that had failed to stop.
It was later found that Mr Mitchell had a severe bleed on the brain and his condition continued to deteriorate.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of police enquiries, a man was interviewed in connection with the incident and has now been released under investigation.
Anyone with any information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting incident number 6 of November 15 2017.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft