Police search for sleepwalking boy
A boy spotted wondering a Norfolk street wearing nothing but his pyjamas may have been a sleepwalker, police said this morning.Officers received reports of the 11-year-old boy spotted in Bridge Road, Gorleston, at 11.25pm yesterday.
A boy spotted wondering a Norfolk street wearing nothing but his pyjamas may have been a sleepwalker, police said this morning.
Officers received reports of the 11-year-old boy spotted in Bridge Road, Gorleston, at 11.25pm last night. He was last seen heading towards Marine Parade at the junction with Masquers Close.
He was wearing distinctive blue and white pyjamas carrying a Union Jack motif.
Despite a thorough search using a helicopter and police dogs he could not be found. The coastguard was also alerted to search nearby cliffs.
Police were particularly concerned because of his age and the adverse weather conditions.
However, Insp Bill Daniels said he believed the boy had returned home safely.
- 1 Garden transformed into Christmas winter wonderland for local causes
- 2 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 3 Milk in the spotlight for thought provoking projection in Lowestoft
- 4 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 5 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 6 Lowestoft car damaged after being covered in food and brake fluid
- 7 Suffolk seaside village named among coastal property hotspots
- 8 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 9 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 10 Hunt for biker continues after cyclist seriously hurt in Lowestoft crash
He said: 'We are hopeful it was a young lad who was sleep walking and went home without his parents even realising he was gone.'
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564567.