Police spend day searching for missing man
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends.
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends. They left to go home at about 11.30pm but Mr Hannant somehow became separated from the group and has not been seen since.
Police carried out an extensive search for the teen, who lives in Reydon, all day today. The Suffolk police helicopter and officers on the ground with a police sniffer dog were used to search the marshes, beach and dunes area in the afternoon.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: 'Unfortunately the helicopter did not find anything, so we are no further forward. We do not know at this stage whether anything untoward has happened, but his family are obviously very concerned.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has seen Daniel Hannant should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft