Police spend day searching for missing man
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends.
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends. They left to go home at about 11.30pm but Mr Hannant somehow became separated from the group and has not been seen since.
Police carried out an extensive search for the teen, who lives in Reydon, all day today. The Suffolk police helicopter and officers on the ground with a police sniffer dog were used to search the marshes, beach and dunes area in the afternoon.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: 'Unfortunately the helicopter did not find anything, so we are no further forward. We do not know at this stage whether anything untoward has happened, but his family are obviously very concerned.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has seen Daniel Hannant should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures