Police spend day searching for missing man
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends.
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends. They left to go home at about 11.30pm but Mr Hannant somehow became separated from the group and has not been seen since.
Police carried out an extensive search for the teen, who lives in Reydon, all day today. The Suffolk police helicopter and officers on the ground with a police sniffer dog were used to search the marshes, beach and dunes area in the afternoon.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: 'Unfortunately the helicopter did not find anything, so we are no further forward. We do not know at this stage whether anything untoward has happened, but his family are obviously very concerned.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has seen Daniel Hannant should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences