Police spend day searching for missing man
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends.
Police have today been searching the area around Southwold for a 19-year-old man, who went missing on Saturday night.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, went out to the British Legion club in Southwold with friends. They left to go home at about 11.30pm but Mr Hannant somehow became separated from the group and has not been seen since.
Police carried out an extensive search for the teen, who lives in Reydon, all day today. The Suffolk police helicopter and officers on the ground with a police sniffer dog were used to search the marshes, beach and dunes area in the afternoon.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: 'Unfortunately the helicopter did not find anything, so we are no further forward. We do not know at this stage whether anything untoward has happened, but his family are obviously very concerned.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has seen Daniel Hannant should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 8 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 9 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid