‘Drugs might have something to do with it’ - Police stop motorcyclist who fell off bike
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A motorcyclist who had taken drugs blamed wet roads for falling off the bike.
A unit with Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) stopped a motorbike with no brake light in Lowestoft on Friday night (August 9).
Investigation established the rider had fallen off the bike moments before.
The motorcyclist blamed the wet roads but tested positively for both cannabis and cocaine.
The officer tweeted: "Rider blamed wet road, call me cynical but the positive drug wipe for cannabis and cocaine might have something to do with it as well."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country