Police warning after garage break-ins in Lowestoft
POLICE are urging people to lock up their sheds and garages after a spate of burglaries in Lowestoft.
The incidents include a break-in at a garage at Cranesbill Road, Pakefield, between 3pm on Tuesday, March 29 and 8am on Wednesday, March 30 and one at a garage at Cranleigh Road, Pakefield, between 1am and 10am on Wednesday, March 30.
At Cranesbill Road, several screwdrivers were stolen from a toolbox and left under a vehicle at a neighbouring property. Several other people reported that their garage doors had been opened, but nothing had been taken or damaged.
At Cranleigh Road, someone forced their way in, causing damage to the garage door handle, but nothing was stolen.
Bruce Granger, Lowestoft police's crime reduction officer, said: 'Many garages have up and over doors, the catches of which can be slipped allowing entry. This can be remedied by either fitting bolts and padlocks inside the door or fitting an exterior bolt padlock and hasp to bolt into a concrete base at the bottom centre of the door. If valuable items are inside the garage they can be further secured by passing a chain through them padlocked to a bolted ring fitting.'
You may also want to watch:
Similar measures were recommended to ensure that sheds were secure, he added.
l Police are urging anyone noticing any suspicious behaviour to call officers immediately using 999. Anyone with information about the incidents at Pakefield should call PC 1723 Pullen or PC 266 Neasham on 01986 835300.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 3 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 School hails success of open evening as families return to the classroom
- 10 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles