Police warning after spate of car crime in Lowestoft
A WARNING has been issued by police, urging motorists to check their vehicles are locked and all valuables have been removed after a spate of car crime across Lowestoft.
The warning comes after at least seven vehicles were targeted and items were stolen from four of the cars in Carlton Colville overnight on Saturday and Sunday (January 29/30).
A satellite navigation system and 10 packets of tobacco were stolen from a grey Peugeot parked in Abbeydale between 11pm on Saturday and 7.55am yesterday and an old silver coloured mobile phone and a pair of brown sunglasses in a white case were stolen from a VW Golf parked in Yewdale around 1.45am to 2am on Sunday.
A small amount of change was taken from a blue Peugeot car parked at Peak Dale, coins were also taken from a Landrover in the same road and another car – a green Toyota – parked there was also entered but nothing was stolen.
Other vehicles parked at Ashtree Gardens and Matlock Dale were entered and searched but nothing was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone who saw anything suspicious, or who has any information about those responsible, is asked to call Sgt 246 Jones at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted