Poor weather affects Lowestoft trains
TRAVEL conditions are worsening as heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures take hold across the region.Felixstowe Port this afternoon announced the launch of Operation Stack amid treacherous driving conditions.
TRAVEL conditions are worsening as heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures take hold across the region.
Felixstowe Port this afternoon announced the launch of Operation Stack amid treacherous driving conditions. Lorries will remain at a standstill on the approach to the port until the weather improves and it is safe to reopen Felixstowe Road, in Levington.
Traffic is consequently moving slowly both ways on the A14 between Felixstowe and the Copdock Interchange near Ipswich.
The road has been partially blocked in both directions by heavy snowfall in the area.
You may also want to watch:
On the rails, trains are running around 25 minutes late between Liverpool Street and Norwich, affecting journeys for passengers travelling into Ipswich. The delays were caused by a signalling problem at Colchester.
A revised train service is also in operation between Liverpool Street and Lowestoft due to the poor weather.
- 1 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 2 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 5 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 6 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 7 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 8 Inspiring girl helping tackle children's anxiety in reading videos
- 9 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building