Poor weather affects Lowestoft trains
TRAVEL conditions are worsening as heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures take hold across the region.Felixstowe Port this afternoon announced the launch of Operation Stack amid treacherous driving conditions.
TRAVEL conditions are worsening as heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures take hold across the region.
Felixstowe Port this afternoon announced the launch of Operation Stack amid treacherous driving conditions. Lorries will remain at a standstill on the approach to the port until the weather improves and it is safe to reopen Felixstowe Road, in Levington.
Traffic is consequently moving slowly both ways on the A14 between Felixstowe and the Copdock Interchange near Ipswich.
The road has been partially blocked in both directions by heavy snowfall in the area.
You may also want to watch:
On the rails, trains are running around 25 minutes late between Liverpool Street and Norwich, affecting journeys for passengers travelling into Ipswich. The delays were caused by a signalling problem at Colchester.
A revised train service is also in operation between Liverpool Street and Lowestoft due to the poor weather.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea