Popular carols around the Christmas tree event set to return to Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
A popular festive tradition will return next month as families gather around the Christmas tree for an annual service.
The Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park (FONEP), on behalf of Oulton Broad Parish Council, will be organising the annual carols around the Christmas tree event.
Festive fun will attract the crowds to Oulton Broad on Sunday, December 10 as traditional carols echo out around the broad.
Starting at 2.30pm, FONEP will have a tombola stall, Christmas crafts and refreshments at the Christmas tree on the Boulevard.
The carol service begins at 4pm, with solo performances and performances from local Rainbows and Brownie groups. This will be followed by community singing.
You may also want to watch:
The service will be opened and closed by the vicar of St Mark's Church. Refreshments will be available and the Quay Cafe will also be open during the event.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat