Popular carols around the Christmas tree event set to return to Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
A popular festive tradition will return next month as families gather around the Christmas tree for an annual service.
The Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park (FONEP), on behalf of Oulton Broad Parish Council, will be organising the annual carols around the Christmas tree event.
Festive fun will attract the crowds to Oulton Broad on Sunday, December 10 as traditional carols echo out around the broad.
Starting at 2.30pm, FONEP will have a tombola stall, Christmas crafts and refreshments at the Christmas tree on the Boulevard.
The carol service begins at 4pm, with solo performances and performances from local Rainbows and Brownie groups. This will be followed by community singing.
You may also want to watch:
The service will be opened and closed by the vicar of St Mark's Church. Refreshments will be available and the Quay Cafe will also be open during the event.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now