Popular charity cycle ride to raise vital funds
- Credit: Archant
Keen cyclists are set to saddle up for a popular annual charity bike ride.
Entrants are to take to the country roads around Carlton Colville this Sunday (September 24) as the Ron Sampson Charity Cycle Ride is held.
The ninth annual sponsored charity ride will be organised by Lowestoft's East Point Rotary Club once more – with the cyclists and amateurs alike raising money for worthy causes.
Entrants can cycle along a choice of circular routes, starting at Uplands Community Centre, in Asburnham Way, before tackling one of three routes – six, 10 or 20 miles long – around Carlton Colville, Mutford and Gisleham before eventually finishing back at the community centre.
The event was renamed in 2013 in memory of Mr Sampson, 69, a popular Rotarian from Gisleham, who died after a stroke.
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised will be donated into the Rotary Club's Trust Fund, which supports a large variety of charities locally, nationally and internationally.
Registration is from 9am and entrants can start the ride between 10am to 11am. Visit @LowestoftCharityCycleRide on Twitter for more details.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft