Popular music and dance club to hold charity event
- Credit: Archant
A popular music and dance club is to host a charity night to raise vital funds for the Lowestoft RNLI Lifeboat.
The Remember When Music and Dance Club will hold the fundraising evening on November 18.
The volunteer ran music and dance club is aimed at anyone over the age of 40 to dance or listen to their favourite music from the 50's to the 80's.
Event organiser Tim Boardman said: 'The evening will be the same as our weekly club night with the addition of a raffle.
'The volunteers from the Lowestoft lifeboat shop will be displaying and selling merchandise from their shop and joined by crew members of the lifeboat to discuss their work and experiences with people during the evening.'
You may also want to watch:
Since beginning in January this year the music and dance club has attracted many attendees who have commented on the 'friendly, relaxed and very sociable atmosphere'.
Mr Boardman added: 'We all feel our town's lifeboat is one of the most important and much needed organisations. It receives very little funding and relies mainly on the dedication, free time, bravery and expertise of the volunteers.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
'My hope for the evening is that we sell the 120 tickets we have, that everyone has a terrific happy and enjoyable time, that we raise as much, much-needed money for a much needed cause.'
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own food and drink, although tea, coffee and cakes are available.
The charity night is to be held at Carlton Colville Community Centre between 7.45pm and 11.45pm.
Tickets are £5 and can be purchased by visiting the Lowestoft RNLI Lifeboat Shop or by attending one of the weekly meetings of Remember When Music and Dance Club night held at Carlton Colville Community Centre every Friday evening.
For more information visit: www.facebook.com/rememberwhenmdc.