Popular Promoting Pakefield fete attracts the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people enjoyed the sixth annual Pakefield fete.
Donkey rides, a dog show, a bouncy castle, a performance from Wrentham Brass Band, two dance troupes and games attracted attendees of all ages to the popular fete, which was held last Sunday.
There was also a display from the Lowestoft lifeboat crew, one of the many charities benefiting from the day.
Organiser Darren Clement – chairman of the Promoting Pakefield Group – said: 'The lifeboat carried out a man overboard exercise which proved very popular.
'And it was really good to see so many people enjoying themselves and I have received many positive comments following the event.
You may also want to watch:
'We had such great weather and I would like to thank all those who attended and to those who helped me with organising and making this a pleasurable day.'
The event, which was held to further raise the profile of promoting Pakefield, also raised money for East Coast Hospice, Pakefield Church and many other local charities – with the final total figure still to be tallied.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk