Popular Promoting Pakefield fete attracts the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people enjoyed the sixth annual Pakefield fete.
Donkey rides, a dog show, a bouncy castle, a performance from Wrentham Brass Band, two dance troupes and games attracted attendees of all ages to the popular fete, which was held last Sunday.
There was also a display from the Lowestoft lifeboat crew, one of the many charities benefiting from the day.
Organiser Darren Clement – chairman of the Promoting Pakefield Group – said: 'The lifeboat carried out a man overboard exercise which proved very popular.
'And it was really good to see so many people enjoying themselves and I have received many positive comments following the event.
You may also want to watch:
'We had such great weather and I would like to thank all those who attended and to those who helped me with organising and making this a pleasurable day.'
The event, which was held to further raise the profile of promoting Pakefield, also raised money for East Coast Hospice, Pakefield Church and many other local charities – with the final total figure still to be tallied.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'