Popular Promoting Pakefield fete attracts the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people enjoyed the sixth annual Pakefield fete.
Donkey rides, a dog show, a bouncy castle, a performance from Wrentham Brass Band, two dance troupes and games attracted attendees of all ages to the popular fete, which was held last Sunday.
There was also a display from the Lowestoft lifeboat crew, one of the many charities benefiting from the day.
Organiser Darren Clement – chairman of the Promoting Pakefield Group – said: 'The lifeboat carried out a man overboard exercise which proved very popular.
'And it was really good to see so many people enjoying themselves and I have received many positive comments following the event.
'We had such great weather and I would like to thank all those who attended and to those who helped me with organising and making this a pleasurable day.'
The event, which was held to further raise the profile of promoting Pakefield, also raised money for East Coast Hospice, Pakefield Church and many other local charities – with the final total figure still to be tallied.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 6 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 7 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash