Portfolio photo offer for new queen
NOMINATIONS for The Journal's Carnival Queen have now closed.And another top prize has been secured for the lucky contestants.Picture Studios, in London Road North, has offered the winner a professional modelling portfolio worth nearly £300.
NOMINATIONS for The Journal's Carnival Queen have now closed.
And another top prize has been secured for the lucky contestants.
Picture Studios, in London Road North, has offered the winner a professional modelling portfolio worth nearly £300.
The lucky girl will take to the spotlight after a consultation with one of the professional photographers who will guide them through a range of poses, capturing their beauty and style. They are encouraged to bring a range of outfits and accessories to make the most of the experience.
You may also want to watch:
The sitting generally lasts approximately an hour, with the portfolio consisting of 20, 12in x 8in photographs in a presentation wallet.
The shortlist for the event has been drawn up and all the contestants who will compete in the final have now been contacted.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
Each girl will have their photograph taken for free at our sponsors Picture Studios and their pictures will be featured in The Journal the week before the competition.
Every participant will be looking for lots of support on the night from family and friends to cheer them on and tickets are available from the Marina Theatre box office, the venue for the evening, which takes place on Friday, June 27.
The winner will become The Journal and the town's ambassador for 2008/2009 and will hold a prominent position at this year's carnival parade, along with her two attendants.
Other responsibilities include VIP at this year's Lowestoft Air Festival, including access to the gala ball and a whole host of other duties across the Waveney area.
The event will be compered by Mike Deal and will include entertainment from singer Kerry Kennedy, who has in the past performed in front of the Queen and sings everything from Duffy to Dusty Springfield.
On the night Tracey Waterer and Karen Taylor, from Clinique at Boots in Lowestoft, will give their undivided attention to the girls doing their make up and providing each contestant with a goodie bag full of products.
To secure your tickets call in at the Marina or telephone 01502 533200.