Post Office branch prepares for reopening after 9 month closure
- Credit: Mick Howes
A Post Office is set to reopen in less than a fortnight after its sudden closure almost a year ago had sparked concerns.
A new postmaster has been installed and the Post Office branch in the Premier Store on Pakefield Street, Lowestoft, will reopen on Thursday, July 15.
The Post Office branch in Pakefield had been shut since September last year, due to "operational reasons", a spokesperson said at the time.
With residents left without a vital post office branch, concerns were raised about the distance to the nearest branch in Carlton Colville.
A Post Office spokesman said: "Pakefield Post Office closed temporarily in September 2020 following the resignation of the temporary agent who had been operating the branch on our behalf."
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office Network Provision Lead, said: “We are delighted to be restoring Post Office service to Lowestoft as we know how important Post Office services are to a community.”
You may also want to watch:
Opening seven days a week from July 15, it will see 105 hours of Post Office services offered a week.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft