Post office closures
PETER Aldous quite rightly criticises Waveney MP Bob Blizzard for voting in favour of closing down Post Offices.Voters should also be aware that our MP voted against holding a referendum on the EU Constitution which takes away our law- making powers and our sovereignty, even though such was promised in his party's pre election manifesto.
PETER Aldous quite rightly criticises Waveney MP Bob Blizzard for voting in favour of closing down Post Offices.
Voters should also be aware that our MP voted against holding a referendum on the EU Constitution which takes away our law- making powers and our sovereignty, even though such was promised in his party's pre election manifesto.
He also voted in favour of student top up fees allowing Scottish students free study and which leaves English graduates with massive loans to pay off.
However, Mr Aldous conveniently forgets that the Post Office closures and the parlous state of the Royal Mail is directly attributable to an EU directive which allows European organisations to “cherry pick” the profitable side of Royal Mail, leaving the unprofitable rural deliveries.
You may also want to watch:
The Conservative House of Commons motion could not have overruled the EU commissars.
Our laws are now subservient to those made in Europe and our government must go cap in hand to the unelected EU commissioners to renew a grant first made in 2003 to the Post Office and which under EU dictates, cannot be increased.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Other grants are payable for the costs in closing down the rural post offices in line with the EU directive.
Mr Aldous should also remember that it was his leader, the former Prime Minister Ted Heath who admitted that the loss of our fishing grounds to the European fleet was a fair price to pay to join the EU.
In his pre election circular Mr Aldous assures us that his party will limit immigration.
What he fails to say is that his proposals will only apply to our former Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and Commonwealth friends and not to member states of the EU from where most immigrants are flooding into this country now, putting unmanageable pressures on our health service and education systems.
Voters may wish to remember that the three main parties are in favour of the corrupt and costly EU which will swallow us up into a federal Europe governed from Brussels in the near future.
UK Independence Party candidate for Pakefield Ward