Homes across Lowestoft left without power
- Credit: Archant
Power cuts have hit parts of Lowestoft – with homes in the Carlton Colville and Gisleham areas among those affected.
Engineers are continuing to investigate several power outages across the region – with hundreds of homes left without power earlier this afternoon in Carlton Colville.
With UK Power Networks hoping to get the power back on between now and 3pm, according to engineers currently '19 customers' are affected in the NR33 8 postcode. Earlier this afternoon more than 1,000 homes had been left without power.
In all cases these 'unplanned' power cuts are thought to have come from faults in high voltage overhead electricity lines.
A spokesperson for UK Power Networks said: 'We were investigating a high voltage overhead electricity line fault which caused a power cut in the local area.'
You may also want to watch:
With the yellow warning of snow still in place for Lowestoft for today, staff at popular play and party venue Adventure Island Play Park, on the South Lowestoft Industrial Estate, 'have taken the decision to close the centre at 3pm,' today.
A spokesman said: 'For the safety of our customers and staff, play and football activities have been cancelled. ?All after school clubs and rentals have been cancelled.'
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
The centre aims to reopen at 10am tomorrow.