Power restored to homes in Lowestoft after cable fault
A cable fault caused more than 1,500 homes to be without electricity in Lowestoft this afternoon.A spokesman for EDF energy said that power was lost after a high voltage cable fault at 4.25pm.
A cable fault caused more than 1,500 homes to be without electricity in Lowestoft this afternoon.
A spokesman for EDF energy said that power was lost after a high voltage cable fault at 4.25pm. Network engineers managed to restore power to about 1,400 homes by 5pm and 166 customers were left without electricity for about another hour.
He said: 'We would like to apologise for those customers off supply and for the inconvenience caused.'
The surge also caused some traffic lights in Carlton Colville and Oulton Broad to stop working for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 5 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 6 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 7 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 8 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 9 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 10 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back