Power restored to homes in Lowestoft after cable fault
A cable fault caused more than 1,500 homes to be without electricity in Lowestoft this afternoon.A spokesman for EDF energy said that power was lost after a high voltage cable fault at 4.25pm.
A cable fault caused more than 1,500 homes to be without electricity in Lowestoft this afternoon.
A spokesman for EDF energy said that power was lost after a high voltage cable fault at 4.25pm. Network engineers managed to restore power to about 1,400 homes by 5pm and 166 customers were left without electricity for about another hour.
He said: 'We would like to apologise for those customers off supply and for the inconvenience caused.'
The surge also caused some traffic lights in Carlton Colville and Oulton Broad to stop working for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 5 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 6 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 9 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft