Power restored to homes in Lowestoft after cable fault
A cable fault caused more than 1,500 homes to be without electricity in Lowestoft this afternoon.A spokesman for EDF energy said that power was lost after a high voltage cable fault at 4.25pm.
A cable fault caused more than 1,500 homes to be without electricity in Lowestoft this afternoon.
A spokesman for EDF energy said that power was lost after a high voltage cable fault at 4.25pm. Network engineers managed to restore power to about 1,400 homes by 5pm and 166 customers were left without electricity for about another hour.
He said: 'We would like to apologise for those customers off supply and for the inconvenience caused.'
The surge also caused some traffic lights in Carlton Colville and Oulton Broad to stop working for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced