Praise for low infection rates
HEALTH services in the region have been commended for achieving some of the lowest rates of infections in the country.NHS East of England is now ranked second in the country for its low rates of C.
HEALTH services in the region have been commended for achieving some of the lowest rates of infections in the country.
NHS East of England is now ranked second in the country for its low rates of C.difficile and MRSA - superbugs referred to as healthcare-associated infections.
The number of MRSA cases remained below the ceiling number for the month of November in the eastern region.
The region was seven cases below the ceiling number for the month and 58 cases below the year-to-date ceiling which means the region is on course to achieve its annual target.
You may also want to watch:
Hospitals in East Anglia reported that C.difficile cases remain below the ceiling number by 57 cases in November and by 504 cases for the year-to-date.
At primary care trust level the east of England did breach the monthly ceiling target of C.difficile cases by eight in November, with 216 cases, against a target of 208.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Lowestoft man admits sending revenge porn to ex-partner's family
- 10 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
Dr Paul Cosford, regional director of public health, said: 'The latest figures are great news and will add further momentum to our campaign to eliminate health care associated infections.