Preserve it at all costs
DEEP joy!It seems that discussions are, or are about to take place, regarding the renovation of our central railway terminus.Many suggestions have been proffered as to its fate, including demolition and the ludicrous idea of moving it out of town.
It seems that discussions are, or are about to take place, regarding the renovation of our central railway terminus.
Many suggestions have been proffered as to its fate, including demolition and the ludicrous idea of moving it out of town.
It is, in my mind, a very important part of our Victorian heritage and it is, contrary to popular opinion, my favourite building.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft railway station was built in the 1840s by the Jacob Brothers who also erected the Royal Albert Hall and the Royal Opera House in London. Therefore, it must be retained and maintained to its original glory and then, I am sure, it would be beneficial to the town.
It would be the focal point for all shoppers, holidaymakers and visitors to the town. It must be preserved at all cost.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 10 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
Mention is made in The Journal (November 6) of the possible use of the refurbished building 'retail or leisure'. Caution should be implemented when deciding on the occupancy. It must benefit all branches of society, after all, it will be the centre of our community, the focal point.
Waveney MP Bob Blizzard should be commended for his efforts on our behalf.