Prince Charles to visit UEA
Peter WalshThe Prince of Wales will be heading to Norwich next week as part of a visit to the University of East Anglia (UEA) where he will meet staff and students.Peter Walsh
The Prince of Wales will be heading to Norwich next week as part of a visit to the University of East Anglia (UEA) where he will meet staff and students.
Prince Charles, patron of the UEA's School of Environmental Sciences, will be updated on its work when he visits on Tuesday.
The UEA pioneered the study of Environmental Sciences in the UK, bringing together scientists and social scientists from a wide range of subject areas to work together in one interdisciplinary School, founded in 1968.
A spokeswoman for the UEA, said: 'We are delighted to have the opportunity to update him in person about the world-class research being undertaken in the School.'
The university has a longstanding reputation for its world-class environmental research and is one of the longest established, largest and most fully developed Schools of Environmental Sciences in Europe.
The school integrates physical, chemical, biological, social and geotechnical sciences into the study of natural and human environments.
- 1 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 2 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 3 Business growth means East Anglian energy firm is looking to recruit locals
- 4 Bin collections affected in parts of Lowestoft
- 5 'Intoxicated' woman grabs buggy with child inside
- 6 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Burglars break into garage and steal mountain bike
- 8 Former Grade II listed Post Office to be restored to former glory
- 9 Lowestoft in 2022 - How nightlife, tourism, retail and housing will change
- 10 Car windscreen smashed and tyres slashed in Lowestoft
Prince Charles is no stranger to Norfolk or the university and in May last year spoke via live video link during a special business summit being held at the UEA.