Charity bike ride prizes presented
- Credit: Archant
Prizes for the winners of a popular annual charity cycling event have been presented.
The Beccles Cycle for Life charity cycle ride was held in May, and prizes for sponsored riders in the popular annual event have been presented at Somerleyton Hall.
The ride was the 17th annual cycle organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles to raise funds for East Anglian Air Ambulance and other charitable purposes.
Lord Somerleyton presented his first and second prizes for raising the most sponsorship. Brian Bennett won dinner, bed and breakfast at the Fritton Arms, with a total value of £200. His second prize of dinner valued at £100 at the Duke's Head at Somerleyton went to Sue Brooham.
Chad Morris, of Norfolk & Suffolk Financial Services, was on hand to present prizes from his company to Sue Brooham, one of whose chances came up in the random draw for sponsored riders and to two junior winners who raised funds.
You may also want to watch:
The prize Sue won was a £250 John Lewis gift card and the two juniors, Zoe Steward and Caiden Shilling, each won a £50 gift card.
The chairman of next year's Beccles Cycle for Life committee, Bernard Welland-Jones, was also on hand to congratulate the winners. The 2019 event will be held on May 12 and planning has commenced.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk