Prolific burglar who stole cars, jewellery and cash is jailed for eight years
- Credit: Suffolk Constabulary
A prolific burglar who stole cars, jewellery, cash and mobile phones has been jailed for eight years.
Stan Smith, 23 of no fixed abode, stole three vehicles between October 10 and 16, along with a host of other items from homes across a variety of addresses.
On Monday, October 16, he was arrested in Diss and charged with burglaries at addresses in Halesworth, Diss, Lowestoft and Snape.
The three vehicles he stole were a Volvo XC60, a BMW and a Renault Kangoo. He was charged with dangerous driving of the BMW on October 14.
He pleaded guilty to the charges at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday, December 6.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Matt Adams, of Lowestoft CID, said: 'Stan Smith is a prolific burglar and the sentence handed down demonstrates what a callous individual he is - with no thought given to the distress and upset he caused by committing this string of offences.
'He stole various items including cash, jewellery and mobile phones when he committed the offences.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
'Burglary is an invasion of people's homes and their personal space and can be very upsetting and distressing for the victims.
'Hopefully the sentence given in this case will provide some peace of mind to Smith's victims that he is behind bars for a considerable stretch and also act as a deterrent to other would-be burglars.'
Smith carried out his offences at the following addresses:
• Hill Farm Road, Halesworth
• Victoria Close, Diss
• St Mary's Drive, Diss
• The Avenues, Lowestoft
• Wordsworth Road, Diss
• Coleridge Road, Diss
• Heywood Road, Diss