Protect that heating oil tank
HOUSEHOLDERS in Waveney were reminded this week to protect their heating oil supplies after some 300 litres of fuel were stolen from a tank in Lound Road, Blundeston.
Suffolk police said the warning applied particularly to people living in rural areas, and they asked anyone who saw people acting suspiciously near household fuel tanks to get in touch.
'Thefts of heating oil continue to be an issue around Suffolk, so residents should remain vigilant,' said a spokesman.
The Blundeston crime was comm-itted between Tuesday, February 1 and Wednesday last week.
Information to PCSO Kershaw on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
For information on oil tank security visit www.suffolk.police.uk or call your local crime reduction officer on 01473 613500.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 6 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 9 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days