Protect that heating oil tank
HOUSEHOLDERS in Waveney were reminded this week to protect their heating oil supplies after some 300 litres of fuel were stolen from a tank in Lound Road, Blundeston.
Suffolk police said the warning applied particularly to people living in rural areas, and they asked anyone who saw people acting suspiciously near household fuel tanks to get in touch.
'Thefts of heating oil continue to be an issue around Suffolk, so residents should remain vigilant,' said a spokesman.
The Blundeston crime was comm-itted between Tuesday, February 1 and Wednesday last week.
Information to PCSO Kershaw on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
For information on oil tank security visit www.suffolk.police.uk or call your local crime reduction officer on 01473 613500.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk