Protect that heating oil tank
HOUSEHOLDERS in Waveney were reminded this week to protect their heating oil supplies after some 300 litres of fuel were stolen from a tank in Lound Road, Blundeston.
Suffolk police said the warning applied particularly to people living in rural areas, and they asked anyone who saw people acting suspiciously near household fuel tanks to get in touch.
'Thefts of heating oil continue to be an issue around Suffolk, so residents should remain vigilant,' said a spokesman.
The Blundeston crime was comm-itted between Tuesday, February 1 and Wednesday last week.
Information to PCSO Kershaw on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
For information on oil tank security visit www.suffolk.police.uk or call your local crime reduction officer on 01473 613500.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k