Pub celebrates regional award!
- Credit: Archant
An award winning pub is celebrating further success after being crowned CAMRA's (Campaign for Real Ale) East Anglia Regional Pub of the Year 2016.
The Stanford Arms, Lowestoft, is a bastion of the English tradition of real ale and on Saturday (October 15) landlords David and Samantha Burd were proud recipients of the prestigious award presented by Andrea Briers, East Anglia Regional Director for CAMRA.
She said: 'The Stanford Arms specialises in real ales and ciders and offers a good range of products to suit most tastes. The standard of the competition this year was again very high and their success is well deserved.'
The news follows the pub's recent success in being judged CAMRA's Suffolk Pub of the Year and having being judged to be one of the top 16 pubs in the country, the Stanford Arms will now compete for the title of National Pub of the Year.
David Burd added: 'We are extremely proud to have won this award. We are lucky to have excellent local breweries such as Golden Triangle, Grain, Three Blind Mice and many others that support us with their top quality ales.' A hidden gem located within walking distance of Lowestoft Town Football Club's Crown Meadow stadium and the pub is a favourite with football fans and real ale drinkers alike, who come to sample the selection of ales.
You may also want to watch:
More than merely an ale drinker's paradise the Stanford Arms offers plenty of entertainment with bands frequently playing Friday nights and Sunday afternoons- as well as midweek themed food nights which are popular with the pub's many regular patrons.
For more information visit: www.stanfordarms.co.uk.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft