Pub tenants deliver 'vote of confidence'
TENANTS of Adnams have given a vote of confidence to the beleaguered pubs sector - and to the Southwold brewer.A study undertaken for the company by Norwich-based US2U Consulting questioned Adnams tenants on a range of subjects including product range, customer service, property and attitudes towards the environment.
TENANTS of Adnams have given a vote of confidence to the beleaguered pubs sector - and to the Southwold brewer.
A study undertaken for the company by Norwich-based US2U Consulting questioned Adnams tenants on a range of subjects including product range, customer service, property and attitudes towards the environment.
Despite the pressures facing the pubs sector, including the smoking ban and rising alcohol duties as well as the general state of the economy, 98pc say they enjoy the job.
Only one in five (20pc) see the recession as the greatest threat to their business, with more (35pc) concerned about rising utility bills.
You may also want to watch:
More than eight out of 10 tenants (84pc) are motivated by their relationship with the brewery and 94pc say they are proud to be associated with Adnams. Nearly all tenants (96pc) were happy with the quality of beer they receive and 63pc were happy with the overall range of products Adnams supplies.
The study also highlighted the commitment of Adnams' pubs to community involvement with 82pc having supported voluntary activities, local groups, clubs and charities in the past year. One tenant has raised more than �30,000 in the past 10 years for local charities.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
Adnams' commercial director Rob Flanagan, who joined the company in 2008 and who will oversee the Adnams tied estate from January, said: 'The Adnams team has a constant dialogue with our licensees, but capturing their thoughts through an anonymous survey has been a very insightful process.
'It has been a very positive exercise and in highly competitive times, when other pub companies are approaching our licensees, it's great to know that the overwhelming majority are happy with the relationship and proud to be associated with Adnams.
'We have taken all of the comments into consideration and will continue our conversations to improve relationships for the long term.'