Pupils are all smiles at Lowestoft school’s fun run
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A primary school's fun run very much lived up to its name - if the smiles on these pupils' faces are anything to go by.
Red Oak Primary School in Kirkley, Lowestoft held a Great School Run on Friday, June 12 to raise money for school funds and East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Organised by PE co-ordinator Johnny Lee, each year group took it in turns to do laps round the Southwell Road school field to earn their sponsorship money.
And the schoolchildren were clearly having a good time racing round the track and cheering each other on to the finish.
Mr Lee said: 'Watching them take part in their fun run events made me so proud.
You may also want to watch:
'Every child tried their hardest and it was so nice to see them cheering on and encouraging one another.
'I'm so proud of the sportsmanship and the determination of our pupils. They've all tried really hard.'
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
Year-two pupil Lilli-Mai Allgood, seven, said: 'We're doing it for the children's hospices and for the school - I really enjoyed the run because I came in third place.'
Fellow year-two bronze medal winner Rhys Hodgson, seven, said: 'I have been practicing by running up and down the road.'
The school hopes to raise £800, which will be split equally between school funds and EACH.
Mr Lee said: 'The pupils have been learning about hospices in the assemblies, so they all realise the importance of why we're doing it.
'It was a brilliant sponsorship event where children raised lots and lots of money.'
Is your school organising an event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org