Pupils praised after aiding injured lady at shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Two Ormiston Denes Academy students were thanked after helping an injured lady in Lowestoft.
Matty Cropley and Leo Merritt, both in Year 10, were thanked by the lady who had fallen and cut her head at the North Quay Retail Park on Thursday, March 15.
In a letter to the school's headteacher, the lady said: 'Two of your pupils should be commended for helping me and staying with me until the ambulance came.
'The boys were so kind and helped to calm as I was very upset. Both their families and the school should be very proud of them.'
A school spokesman said: 'Well done to Year 10 Matty and Leo for supporting, comforting and reassuring a member of the public when she had fallen and injured herself one evening. Staying with her until the ambulance came.
You may also want to watch:
'Both boys were presented with a letter and a token of appreciation from the lady after she contacted the school to thank and praise them.'
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 4 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment