Pupils praised after aiding injured lady at shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Two Ormiston Denes Academy students were thanked after helping an injured lady in Lowestoft.
Matty Cropley and Leo Merritt, both in Year 10, were thanked by the lady who had fallen and cut her head at the North Quay Retail Park on Thursday, March 15.
In a letter to the school's headteacher, the lady said: 'Two of your pupils should be commended for helping me and staying with me until the ambulance came.
'The boys were so kind and helped to calm as I was very upset. Both their families and the school should be very proud of them.'
A school spokesman said: 'Well done to Year 10 Matty and Leo for supporting, comforting and reassuring a member of the public when she had fallen and injured herself one evening. Staying with her until the ambulance came.
You may also want to watch:
'Both boys were presented with a letter and a token of appreciation from the lady after she contacted the school to thank and praise them.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home