QD announces second store for Lowestoft
QD Stores has today announced plans to open a second store in Lowestoft, creating at least 20 new jobs.Continuing its rapid expansion on the UK's high streets, QD's new store will take over the premises left vacant by the closure of Woolworths in January.
QD Stores has today announced plans to open a second store in Lowestoft, creating at least 20 new jobs.
Continuing its rapid expansion on the UK's high streets, QD's new store will take over the premises left vacant by the closure of Woolworths in January. It will offer customers QD's full range of value goods, alongside a garden centre.
Lowestoft will become the second town in East Anglia to host two stores, as the town's existing shop in the Britten Centre will continue to operate alongside the new larger store. The chain also a dual presence in Ipswich.
This year has seen unprecedented growth by the QD Stores Group, with new stores opening in Beccles, North Walsham, Wellingborough, Boston and Newmarket, creating a total of more than 100 new retail jobs. Another new store is set to open in Kettering next month.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a programme of in-store refurbishments is currently underway to maximise floor space and ensure that every shop has a fresh, contemporary look and feel. With the Cheeky Girls appearing at a number of stores over the next few weeks to launch their new cosmetics collection, QD is set to inject an element of celebrity glamour onto the high street.
Marketing operations manager, Alan Hatcher, said: 'QD's retail success lies in giving customers optimum value without sacrificing quality and choice. Trading on the high street in the current climate continues to be a challenge, so we are in a fortunate position to be creating so many new jobs and reinvigorating town centres with each new store opening.'
- 1 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 2 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from popular beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Dates for the store's opening and recruitment details will be confirmed shortly.