Race for Life event at Benjamin Britten Academy of Music and Mathematics hailed a success
Schools across Lowestoft have raised thousands of pounds completing their very own Race for Life events.
Children at Benjamin Britten Academy of Music and Mathematics stepped out on a sunny afternoon on Wednesday, June 8, as youngsters across Years 7 to 10 held their own Race for Life.
The youngsters were set a target of raising £2,000 to support funding a support call centre for a week. And after encouraging one another to run, walk or jog the course, they were each given a medal at the end of the race.
So far they have raised more than £2,500 and with sponsor monies still being collected, a spokesman for the academy in Blyford Road said: 'This is above all expectations and a testament to the children at Benjamin Britten in embracing and supporting charities.
'All year groups have nominated charities that they support, but thoroughly enjoyed coming together for this occasion and working as a whole school community.'
You may also want to watch:
Amy Mullen-Brown, a Year 10 student, said: 'I felt extremely proud to see everyone getting involved in something that could have a big impact on the lives of others. It was amazing seeing the school come together and work as a team'.
Andy George, assistant head-master, added: 'Children here at Benjamin Britten have always fully embraced charitable events such as this. We are really proud of their commitment and the tremendous support they give to others'.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home