Heavy traffic as rail crossing barriers on busy road get stuck down - again
- Credit: Archant
The rail crossing barriers on a busy road are stuck down again, just three days after the very same fault occurred.
Suffolk and Norfolk Travel Information posted on Facebook at 2.11pm that the barriers on Victoria Road in Oulton Broad were down and stuck.
One report from a member of the public said traffic queues went back as far as Waveney Drive, adding that there was also congestion near the Asda supermarket.
Further updates on the page said that Victoria road is closed, with traffic 'really busy' on the A12 Horn Hill, Belvedere Road and across the Bascule Bridge travelling from south to north Lowestoft.
The barriers were also stuck down on Tuesday, March 6, before Network Rail engineers arrived to rectify the issue.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend