Railway line blocked with swing bridge stuck open
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
A faulty swing bridge means all trains between Lowestoft and Ipswich have been cancelled, with services now starting at Oulton Broad South until the problem is fixed.
Greater Anglia said the swing bridge between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft had failed in the open position with rail replacement buses running between the two stations.
They said on Twitter: 'The river swing bridge has failed in the open position and as a result trains are unable to run between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft.
'Trains from Ipswich will therefore terminate and start from Oulton Broad South. Rail replacement buses operated by Freestones and Angies Tours have been sourced to run between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft.
'Network Rail engineers are aware of the situation and making their way to the site.'
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is expected until further notice.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school